Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Current Events Term 1
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favorite topic was the design of the Halswell Skate park because we put in ideas for the skate park and what we wanted in it
Here is a link to my learning on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are (delete the ones that are not relevant)
- Year 7 and 8
- Identifying and resolving issues that come from competing information in texts
gathering, evaluating, and synthesising information across a small range of texts
- I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Term 1 Novel Study
This term I have been reading and studying the novel Abandoned Ship by Shirley Corlett
I found this novel interesting because it had a lot of interesting features like the story of the Wahine and because it was cool to be writing in a diary about reading a diary
During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.
National Standard this covers
- Year 7/8 Standard
- using several pieces of information to make inferences
using their prior knowledge, along with information in the text, to interpret abstract ideas, complex plots, and sophisticated themes
- I can use a range of strategies, such as inferring, to work out more complex words.
Friday, 7 April 2017
Assessment task: Use simple fractions and percentages to describe probabilities
Show your working and answer here:
Because there is 15 toppings choices that they could get the chances of getting what she wanted is a 1/15 chance
Show your working and answers here:
2a: $1 because the twins only want the same colored bubble gum it didn’t say they wanted all types and the bubble gums cost 50 c therefore it is $1
2b:$3 because again they cost 50c and there is 3 bubble gums and the twins want 1 of each color, 50 c x 6 = $3 therefore $3
2c:$1.50 because there are 3 kids and the bubble gum is 50 c and they only want one type of bubble gum therefore $1.50
24 because it said he misplaced and broke it 6 times and 6 x 4= 24
It said how many possible ways could he have placed it if he did it 100 times 100 x 4= 400
What is you next step?
To try work the questions out with a different strategy
Finally, add the screenshots from the 3 IXL activities you did here: