Tuesday 14 March 2017

Writing

In writing I have been learning to:
  • use all basic punctuation independently
  • attempt more complex punctuation (eg semicolons, colons, parentheses)

I have been especially focusing on using parentheses and commas. I have highlighted these in green where I have used them as well as other punctuation that I changed because it was used incorrectly. Here is a piece of my writing that shows this.



Leadership is a skill of being able to motivate everyone to work towards a goal. There are 6 leadership traits that makes an effective leader and those are: Motivational, Integrity, Goal Focused, Trustworthy, Resilient and Goal focused. My main leadership role for 2017 is PALs ( Physical Activity leader) . Being a PAL for me means turning up on friday with all of the equipment I need for my activity. In order to be an effective PAL I need to use all of the leadership traits that has to do with my role


One of the traits of an effective PAL is being motivational (giving someone a reason to do something). Nelson Mandela showed he was motivational because he encouraged people to never give up on what is right.Being Motivational is a big part of being a PAL because I need to encourage the children to do my activity and have fun. I will be showing that I can be Motivational in my leadership role by encouraging the children to come next time and have fun. As well as being Motivational as a PAL Integrity


I need Integrity (to be honest and fair) to be an effective PAL because I need to be fair when I am running the activity’s. Bill Gates has Integrity because he is always honest. Having integrity is important because I need to be fair in the game otherwise everyone will leave because they think that it is boring. I will show integrity by being a fair referee. As well as having integrity being goal focused is also really important.


Goal focused (setting a goal and doing what you can to try and achieve it). Bill gates was again a good example because he had a goal to make Microsoft and he worked hard to make that happen. Being goal focused is important to my leadership role because sometimes I need a lot of people to make the game that I am running work so I set a goal to get as many people as I need. I will show this leadership role by trying to get more people to join the game if I need more people.

So in order to be an effective PAL, I need to demonstrate all of the effective leadership traits that come into my leadership role and I need to do them very well I need to be motivational, I need to be goal focused and most importantly I need to have integrity. Which means that I will be out on time to run the activity, I will ask Mr Muller if I can use the gear and finally I will show integrity by being fair to all the children by not picking sides or choosing favorites. My aim is to be the best PAL I can be and not let anything get in the way of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment